When we envisioned the vanity, we forgot that the back wall of the bathroom is an ICF wall, which means it's filled with rebar and concrete. No pipes are going to make it in there! So the pipes have to go down through the floor. It's not ideal, especially with the the under-sink area open, but I figured I could make them blend in a bit. As soon as I had a little time and energy. Today was the day.
I took the opportunity to pour a little of each color into small glass jars that are much easier to grab for touch ups.
Now that the pipes weren't black anymore, I couldn't hide it there.
My first thought was to use a magnet, until I realized that the magnet would probably mess with the battery. My next thought was velcro.
I took out one sheet of velcro.
I learned the hard way that you want to connect the two pieces before attaching them to a fixture.
Then I attached one side to the battery pack.
Then I attached the whole thing to the back of the panel. It's hard to see, but there's about a 3" gap between the panel and the wall. I held it for a few seconds, and voila! Bye bye battery pack.
You can still see the pipes, but it's not quite the eye sore it was before.
Here's the before and after:
I am so happy to be done with that vanity! Now to figure out what to do with the big empty wall across from it...
Linked to:House of Hepworths
Mums Make Lists