Crock Pot Jerk Chicken
Adapted from: The Whole Gang
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider (optional)
- 1 T ground allspice
- 1 T ground nutmeg
- 1 T thyme
- 1 T Sea Salt or kosher salt
- 1 T black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ – 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2-4 bay leaves
- Chop your onion and mix together your spices.
- Layer half of the onion on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Rub down the chicken with the seasonings and place in the crockpot.
- Place a couple of bay leaves and remaining onions and spices on top.
- Very carefully pour in the liquid along the side so it doesn't wash off the rub on the chicken.
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
The curry broccoli recipe I follow is based on this recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, simply substituting broccoli for cauliflower. Although, I must admit that the curry cauliflower popcorn is quite tasty, too!
Eet smakelijk!Linked to: