Wow. 2017. Time for a fresh start. 2016 was a rough one for our world. Let's hope 2017 brings more peace and joy.
So last month, I participated in Elm Street Quilt's One Monthly Goal for the first time. I had a list of items, but my ONE month goal was to start and complete a quilt for a teen girl who lost her home to fire on election day.
When I posted the goal, the quilt looked like this on my EQ7:
I had also pulled fabric from my stash and purchased the backing fabric.
So how did I do? I finished it and I love how happy and cheerful it turned out!
- Finish the Minion quilt (binding and label) - DONE!
- Make the Scattered quilt (shown above) - DONE!
- Stella's quilt - I'm closer to landing on a pattern.
- Auburn quilt- I didn't do a thing
- Mystery Quilt - Completed clues one, two, three, and four.
- Christmas charity quilt - DONE!
- Teacher gifts - Done! I don't have a photo, but I made a few Cleveland Cav items for D's teacher, who is a big fan of the team.
- Replenish fidget supply. I didn't do a thing.
- Make magnetic fidget. Didn't touch it.
- Car quilt. Done!
- Birthday shirt for D - DONE!
- Birthday shirt order - DONE!
- PJs for Mom - Done! The heat transfer vinyl is metallic so hard to photograph without shine.
- Open Etsy Shop? Still pondering.
- Put craft table on casters? Ran out of time.
I spent the last week of the year on a 4,000 mile road trip from Ohio to Arizona and back again. Now time with my machine, but I did start basting some hexies. So, on to January and 2017. What are my goals?Quilting:
- First year quilt: finish
- Auburn quilt: start and finish
- Stella's quilt: design and start
- Mystery quilt: catch up and keep up
- Bee Hive 2017: complete first month block
- Charity quilt: Russian orphanage
- Hexies: total of 100
- Replenish fidget supply
- Make magnetic fidget
- Sketch out rocket blanket
- Car poncho
- Open Etsy Shop?
- Put craft table on casters?
And my One Monthly Goal? The first year quilt. It's an idea I'm still working out, but hope to finish up this baby quilt by the 8th when I give it to one of our son's teachers, who just adopted a baby boy born December 8.
Now it's time to get started!