If I were to make a sweeping generalization of my 2017 quilting goals--though I never actually made any formal goals--it would be that I aspired to be a more social quilter. And I did that quite well. From my very first mystery quilt, Bonnie Hunter's En Provence, to my Lovely Bee swarm, joining several block of the months, to entering my first contest, I was a very busy girl!
One downside of participating in all those block of the month projects is that is that now I have several quilts ready to be finished. And I'm hesitant to join too many other new things until I finish what I started.
So here I am at mid-January with a goal be a little less social. I'm not going to be completely anti-social, just less social. I enjoy making my own patterns. I enjoy having time to make something on the fly as I feel inspired. I want to make some quilts that have been on my to-do queue for a long time. I want to make more baby quilts and quilts for those who mean a lot to me and my family.
So, in no particular order, my goals for 2018 are to:
- Finish 18 quilts. I made 22 last year, so this should be a problem. Especially if I finish some flimsies.
- Of those 18, I'd like at least 12 to be quilts donated to my local quilt group.
- Use my stash. Make more scrappy quilts to reduce my overflowing scrap bins.
- Quilt through my favorite quilt books.
- Write up one original pattern.
QUILTS CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS:
- Piece and quilt the blocks received from my Lovely Bee swarm from 2017
- Fully participate in my 2018 swarm. My month is December so I will not complete my quilt this year.
- Make all 365 blocks as part of the 365 Block Challenge hosted by Kathryn Kerr.
- Quilt Quilting Jet Girl's Wayward Transparency quilt.
- Complete Blossom Heart Quilt's Milky Way Sampler
- Complete Pat Sloan's Grandma's Kitchen quilt.
- Complete Bonnie Hunter's On Ringo Lake quilt.
- Complete the PEI MQG Mystery Quilt.
- Complete Meadow Mist's Magnolia mystery quilt.
- Complete Sewhooked's Rainbow Cascade quilt.
- Send out churn blocks to my swap group
- Complete the 3 charity quilts pieced for my local quilting group (Good night Irene, Good morning Irene, Red)
- Finish Jamie & Toben's wedding quilt.
- Finish Niels' weighted blanket.
- Finish University of Akron Quilt
QUILTS ONLY MENTALLY STARTED: (pardon my vagueness, I don't generally announce who is getting a quilt).
- Molly Apron
- Color blocks (Red is included above. Same quick pattern in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Teal, Blue, Purple, Pink, Black, Gray, Brown, and Neutrals.
- Labyrinth Walk
- Contribute 70723 Blocks
- Awesome Ocean
- Little Amsterdam
- Dutch Scraps
- Rings of Kerry BOM
- Dogs in Sweaters
- Lisa Unicorn
- American Soldier
- Bright Birch Tree
- Drunk Zebra
- Storm at Sea
- Dog Daze
- Antelope Canyon
- Master Bedroom
- Thin Blue Line
- Dutch/US flag
- Dutch Orange
- Oops quilt using Quilt as you go.
- Molly Apron
- Starry Night
- Violet Craft Elephant